[Development] iMX6 EGLGS 2D (QtWidgets) painting acceleration

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Mon Sep 3 18:19:31 CEST 2018

On Mon, 03 Sep 2018 16:38:51 +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> ... it's not necessarily a
> good overall investment of time when the scene graph provides a better
> opportunity to get closer to the theoretical maximum of performance - by
> design.

In German we have the phrase: "Besser ein Spatz in der Hand als eine
Taube auf dem Dach".

For many situations I would already be very happy with having back the
performance of what I can achieve with Qt4/X11. And IMHO the minimally
invasive option would be QWidget/QPixmap ( not QOpenGLWidget ) being a
paint device, that runs on a OpenGL paint engine.

But if you even decide to migrate Qt/Widgets running on top of the scene
graph - that would be fantastic news.

Almost everything is better than to continue forever with a graphic
pipeline, that is not even competitive with the one that had been sorted
out in 2010.

Uwe