[Development] Submitting Qt to oss-fuzz

Peter Hartmann peter-qt at hartmann.tk
Thu Sep 6 09:40:30 CEST 2018

Hello Robert,

On 05.09.2018 13:08, Robert Löhning wrote:
> if (x == 0)
>     foo()
> else
>     bar()
>
> Then all values of x will be considered different. For fuzzing, though,
> only the two cases x == 0 and x != 0 will matter.
>
> Do I miss something here?

yes I think it would consider all comparisons different; from what I
understand it gives the fuzzer a better understanding of which part of
the input needs to be altered to follow a different code path.

Anyhow the libFuzzer documentation at
https://llvm.org/docs/LibFuzzer.html says: "This may slow down the
fuzzing but is very likely to improve the results."

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Hartmann // Titurelstrasse 2 // 89125 Munich // Germany
peter at hartmann.tk
www.peter.hartmann.tk