[Development] What to expect from QIcon/the icon engine on screen changes

Mark De Wit mark.dewit at iesve.com
Mon Apr 8 09:35:23 CEST 2019

Are you using Fusion theme by any chance?   I'm facing the same issue, I even tried writing my own Icon Engine to try and improve matters, but turns out widgets are simply requesting the wrong size icon - nothing the icon engine can do to "second-guess" such requests...

I have filed one such issue here: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74100, and in general I feel that Qt's geometry handling in mixed DPI is still rather poor.   I will often have my application start up at ridiculous sizes (3/4 offscreen etc) because it has completely nonsensical geometry coordinates for windows (Qt applying scaling to coordinates when it's not required etc).

Mark