[Development] What to expect from QIcon/the icon engine on screen changes

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:54:38 CEST 2019

Den mån 8 apr. 2019 kl 09:35 skrev Mark De Wit <mark.dewit at iesve.com>:

> Are you using Fusion theme by any chance?   I'm facing the same issue, I even tried writing my own Icon Engine to try and improve matters, but turns out widgets are simply requesting the wrong size icon - nothing the icon engine can do to "second-guess" such requests...

We're using the Cocoa theme on Mac.

> I have filed one such issue here: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74100, and in general I feel that Qt's geometry handling in mixed DPI is still rather poor.   I will often have my application start up at ridiculous sizes (3/4 offscreen etc) because it has completely nonsensical geometry coordinates for windows (Qt applying scaling to coordinates when it's not required etc).

Sounds from the description that you've identified another way this
could be explained (using the wrong pixmap(...) overload), apart from
what Olivier brought up.

But it sounds good to me if our problem is either of these, as it
sounds like it should be fixable.

Elvis