[Development] Qt wrapper for UPC UA Server stack (open62541)

Juan Gonzalez Burgos juangburgos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:02:20 CEST 2019

Hi Maurice

Yes of course I am aware of the Qt OpcUA module. I even saw presentations ,
read all their blog posts and went through their source code, all in the
hope to find a server API.

Sadly they mentioned somewhere that they did not plan a server API in the
future, so here we are.

Of course I wanted to try and share their structure, but it was not fitting
to my needs. Basically they try to map most of OPC UA concepts and
funcionality to Qt C++, while my approach is more a high-level abstraction.

I designed my API to deal the least as possible with OPC fine grained
details and just be able to expose data to OPC UA as fast and as easy as
possible.

Also I believe there is a company behind that Qt module, so they might have
the resources to maintain an official Qt contribution, me on the other hand
is just me.

I made the source open so maybe other people find it useful, or maybe
somebody with resources can pour effort on it and make it better.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.