[Development] Qt Static Package

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Apr 29 19:17:07 CEST 2019

On Montag, 29. April 2019 17:36:09 CEST Ola Røer Thorsen wrote:
> man. 29. apr. 2019 kl. 17:20 skrev Thiago Macieira <
>
> thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> > On Monday, 29 April 2019 00:27:14 PDT Mitch Curtis wrote:
> > > -static -release -ltcg -opensource -confirm-license -nomake tests
> > > -nomake
> > > examples -silent
> >
> > -static -ltcg is most definitely not redistributable. That build is only
> > usable in your exact machine, and only for so long as you don't perform a
> > system update.
>
> Why is that exactly? Do you mean the Qt libraries are not redistributable,
> or a final application built with it (also using lto)? Just curious.

They have internal LTCG code in them that is specific to your compiler, we
strip that out in shared libraries. I have this experimental patch hanging
around https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/242518/ which makes it possible
to generate pure native static archives without any LTO/LTCG intermediate code
in them.

`Allan