[Development] Request a new branch for Qt Creator

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Mon Aug 5 19:40:54 CEST 2019

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 10:35:37AM +0000, Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Brett.

> I’d like to request  a new branch (“acme”) on QtCreator.

Would it be possible to use a less overloaded name? After a bit of search
I think I get now what it refers to, but it surely was not my first guess.

> The too short version: ACME is a simulation tool, allowing you to create a
> project that can run in QtCreator and quickly implement interfaces (e.g., DBus,
> QtRemoteObjects, etc) to feed other components.  You can directly edit
> properties and/or send signals, or you can create custom logic and user
> interfaces in Qt/QML.

Out of curiosity:

How is this planned to be maintained? Will you do that, and the mainline is
not affected at all?

For how long? "Eternity"? Or is this a meant to be a feature branch that gets
incorporated into the mainline at some time?

Andre'