[Development] Request a new branch for Qt Creator

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Tue Aug 6 01:48:54 CEST 2019

Before I address André's specific questions, let me add a little more context.

We have a few plugins for QtC that were developed with KDAB starting about 5 years ago with the development of Qt Remote Objects.  We've actually had several developers from The Qt Company reviewing the code outside of Gerrit, which has been difficult.  Moving to Qt's Gerrit was proposed by them (Simon Hausmann specifically).  We believe the code fills a hole in Qt, one that would require significant development effort to replicate independently.