[Development] Supported compilers for Qt 6

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 14:21:25 CEST 2019

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 15:10, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
> explicit(bool): We use some ugly patterns in places to simulate this.

Can you point me to those? I do know what such patterns are in
general, std::optional and std::tuple
are full of it. :)

> Integrating feature-test macros: Could make >c++17 feature detection more
> elegant.
> Requires gcc 5, clang 3.4, MSVC 19.20

We have already been using the standardized feature-testing macros for
feature detection;
I would boldly suggest that going forward, that should be the only
acceptable feature detection
mechanism we use. Detecting compiler bugs and doing work-arounds for
those is still a
different matter and can be done with compiler-specific defines and such.

> But then I noticed, they are all still missing from Apple clang 11 :(
> So, yes. Apple clang is the new minimum setter. What a world.

That's been the case for modern compilers for a while...