[Development] Supported compilers for Qt 6

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Aug 12 14:34:52 CEST 2019

On Monday, 12 August 2019 14:21:25 CEST Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 15:10, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com>
wrote:
> > explicit(bool): We use some ugly patterns in places to simulate this.
>
> Can you point me to those? I do know what such patterns are in
> general, std::optional and std::tuple
> are full of it. :)

https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/text/qbytearray.h.html#448

https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/tools/qscopedpointer.h.html#126
https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/tools/
qsharedpointer_impl.h.html#570

Are a few I just found again.

> > But then I noticed, they are all still missing from Apple clang 11 :(
> > So, yes. Apple clang is the new minimum setter. What a world.
>
> That's been the case for modern compilers for a while...

It has only been a year since MSVC finished support for C++14 quickly followed
by C++17 and overtook Apple clang.

But I guess MSVC from over a year ago wasn't a modern compiler :D

'Allan