[Development] 5.14 API change reviews

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Aug 27 11:23:51 CEST 2019

El dilluns, 26 d’agost de 2019, a les 18:14:01 CEST, Edward Welbourne va
escriure:
>> As some have clearly noticed unprompted, I've now posted the first
>> drafts of the 5.14 API change reviews [0], in accordance with QUIP 10
>> [1].  Please file bugs in Jira for any changes you object to and link
>> those bugs to QTBUG-77839 [2], blocking it.  Please tag any changes
>> you make to fix issues noticed in review, either with Fixes: for such
>> a bug report or with a Task-number: QTBUG-77839 footer.

Albert Astals Cid (26 August 2019 19:10)
> How hard would be for those diffs to include the documentation (in the
> .cpp side).

Hard.  The scripts would have to identify
* all the .cpp and .qdoc files that correspond to .h files being
  compared;
* within each .cpp file, only the diffs that are in qdoc comments,
  excluding qdoc comments that include a \internal marker.

The former isn't especially hard; the latter is - it would significantly
complicate the "reset boring" script.  Even then, the result would
contain *all* changes to public API documentation, including typo fixes,
rephrasings, ... and, admittedly, behaviour changes, which it would be
interesting to include, as would doc for new things.  It would probably
be hard to include only the public API docs within new .cpp files.

See qtsdk/packaging-tools/ (not really an ideal place for these scripts,
but it's where they are) - all-api-modules, api-review-gen,
resetboring.py and sync-filter-api-headers - for the scripts that I
presently use to do the job.  If you can see a way to adapt them to do
what you want, I'd be willing to look at a code review ...

	Eddy.