[Development] QHash for Qt 6

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Fri Dec 20 15:10:09 CET 2019

Il 20/12/19 13:54, Vitaly Fanaskov ha scritto:
> This is not that easy to use std::* containers because at least the
> following issues have to be addressed:
>
>   * Memory management
>   * Binary compatibility
>   * Implementation consistency
>
> You probably can provide, for example, some allocators, relax
> compatibility requirements and so on...  The question only is whether
> this is worth doing or not.

I'm not totally sure I understand this point. What do you mean by
"memory management"? (Binary compatibility of stdlib is not an issue,
and implementation consistency for containers shouldn't really be either).

> Personally I tend thinking that this is better to maintain, extend and
> improve what we already have rather than address the issues listed
> above. Again, this is just a personal opinion.

It's just a problem of "who does the work", and we've got a terrible
track record at that.  But I grant that implementing containers is fun,
and I'm not doing the work, so I shut up :)

Thanks,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts