[Development] QHash for Qt 6

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Dec 24 10:44:09 CET 2019

Il 23/12/19 09:10, Alberto Mardegan ha scritto:
> I'm not sure the "someone else's problem" argument would go down very
> well with Qt customers. :-)

<Devil's advocate> Why not? Why would any user care about _who_
implements QHash internals?

> Using std::* classes in the Qt implementation is not a bad idea, but
> only as long as their performance is top-notch. Otherwise if Qt just
> becomes "a convenient wrapper of the STL", people who care most about
> performance will simply go for the latter.

std::unordered_map is just as good or as bad as QHash today, given they
use pretty much an identical data structure behind the scenes. That is,
I wasn't proposing pessimizing anything. (Sure, not improving it either.)

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts