[Development] All deprecation warnings are P1 for 5.13.0

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Feb 9 18:01:03 CET 2019

On Saturday, 9 February 2019 01:00:46 PST Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> By fixed I guess you also mean suppressed were appropriate? some are from
> tests testing deprecated functions, and other are deprecated functions
> calling other deprecated functions because they belong together.

Yes, disable where strictly necessary. But keep this as a last-resort
scenario. If we deprecated an API our own code used, then we must have a
suitable replacement. If we don't, there's a good indication the deprecation
is either unwarranted or needs new API.

This does not apply to tests. We should simply disable deprecation warnings
from tests. All the warnings I have reported are from src/ and tools/ builds.
I have not got to examples, but they should also be clean of warnings too.