[Development] Fix potentially breaking binary compatibility, what can be done?

Paul Lemire paul.lemire at kdab.com
Mon Feb 11 11:54:42 CET 2019

Hi,

I've realized we had an issue in Qt3D Input where QMouseEvent and
QWheelEvent' key modifiers property can only actually contain a single
modifier value.

I've made a change to fix this, essentially transforming an enum into a
QFlag, like it should have been right from the start.

The problem is that this is potentially affecting binary compatibility.
What is the right way forward?

The patch is here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/252493/

Thanks,

--