[Development] CMake Workshop Summary

Croitor Alexandru placinta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 00:27:50 CET 2019

This is why for Qt For Python, we've opted to make a superproject that
doesn't use ExternalProejct, but rather uses add_subdirectory on each
subproject. The advantage is that you can open the superproject
CMakeLists.txt directly in Qt Creator, and get code completion and all the
goodies for the whole project. And users can still choose to build each
subproject separately (or rather that's what the CI does at the moment_.
I don't know whether that would be feasible for qt5 though, given there are
a lot more subprojects and files and targets. I'm mainly concerned with the
performance aspect of it.