[Development] Coin maintenance update

Aapo Keskimölö aapo.keskimolo at qt.io
Mon Feb 25 13:41:28 CET 2019

Dear Developers,

It has recently been raised to our attention that some integrations
might be very slow to progress in order to resolve their workitems and
we have found out that this is very likely due to some large multimodule
builds, eg. qt5, keeping the access to resources for itself.

Since we are not exclusively building the selfish qt5, I have decided to
introduce a new timeout which will cancel integration if its scheduling
takes more than 15 minutes. We are expecting to see some integrations to
be cancelled due to the related change, but hopefully we will also
unblock the scheduler letting rest of the work continue. Let me know if
this makes your life impossible and we will see if we can improve that
situation, somehow.

May the forces of CI be with you,

Aapo