[Development] Qt 5.13 feature freeze is getting closer

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 17 17:26:36 CET 2019

On Thursday, 17 January 2019 06:11:13 PST Edward Welbourne wrote:
> As I suspect you're thinking of the API reviews I create in the run-up
> to a release, I feel obliged to point out these are really API *change*
> reviews.  Without a prior release to compare against, the tool for that
> doesn't know how to report anything.  You need an actual review of the
> whole API, not just some recent changes to it.

Hi Eddy

You're confusing the ABI binary compatibility check with the API review. API
reviews do indeed review whole new APIs. Just look at the Calendar System API.

But for full new APIs, the BC check tool does not make sense. Especially for
new modules, this is a much larger discussion than a diff review.