[Development] Proposal: New branch model

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Jan 24 14:35:51 CET 2019

 If you look into the statistics (https://testresults.qt.io/grafana/d/
> 000000024/telegraf-host-metrics) you can see that we have some free
> resources. In general we should not really cross load of 60, but most of
> the hosts are on significantly lower load. I would be more concerned about
> flakiness, as it means that we run more tests, but that is something that
> we need to fix no matter what.

We can't integrate multiple changes to the same branch in parellel. So you
can't start using more resources to speed things up. (9 women to have a child
in 1 month) The only way to speed up CI integration is to be merging to
different branches, that way we CAN have multiple integrations running in
parallel.

'Allan