[Development] Proposal: New branch model

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Thu Jan 24 14:46:34 CET 2019

Allan Sandfeld Jensen (24 January 2019 14:35)
> We can't integrate multiple changes to the same branch in parellel.

I was under the impression that was exactly what we do.

When I press Stage, my change gets cherry-picked to a little branch that
gerrit is building, along with (i.e. in parallel with) various other
changes staged around the same time.  When Coin next has its hands free,
it starts a new integration of that staging branch (and a fresh staging
branch is started).  If the integration fails, the message at the end of
the comment on my review tells me the list of other commits that were in
the same integration branch.

Or have I misunderstood what you're saying ?

	Eddy.