[Development] Deprecation/removal model going into Qt 6

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 18:59:16 CEST 2019

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 at 10:10, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
[snip]

> I have no problem with breaking ABI more often but allowing it in every minor
> releases probably goes to far. Perhaps every second LTS (every 3 years), might
> be better.

That would work as long as related applications (moc, linguist stuff,
etc) remain either **fully** backwards compatible within the major
version *or* they are also marked with the minor. For example instead
of shipping moc6 one could ship moc6.<API/ABI stable LTS>, like let's
say moc60, moc66 or alike.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/