[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jun 5 08:25:56 CEST 2019

On Monday, 3 June 2019 19:10:12 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> First, I want to pass the XML source through
>         xml sel -D -B -t -c /
>
> That will minify the source. That reduces the uncompressed size by about
> 10%.
>
> Second, I'm also thinking of compressing with gzip or zstd. The problem with
> that is that the tool may be present in the system but not the headers,
> which would cause decompression to fail. So I'm not sure this is a good
> idea.
>
> Of course, on Windows/MSVC you'd get neither minification nor compression.

Ok, updated to a working version that works on Linux and on Windows, with
MSVC. It can even compress on Windows, if you have gzip.exe in $PATH, which
you will if you're in a Git Bash shell.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/263548

It doesn't use Git Bash's sh.exe because nmake kept giving me a meaningless
error that I didn't have time to purse. So exercise left to the reader, if
wished.