[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Jun 11 22:13:28 CEST 2019

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:36:12AM +0200, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development wrote:
> Il 10/06/19 23:45, Kevin Kofler ha scritto:
> > Perhaps you forgot to read the part where I said:
> >
> > > I, for one, don't give a darn about all those new C++11/14/whatever STL
> > > features.
>
> That's a straw man. Since YOU don't care, then NOBODY cares.

We've seen

  "In my projects, I've _always_ written my own pimpl_ptr, because I
   might want to use it in backend components that don't use Qt.

   I'd suggest boost::intrusive_ptr."

in

   https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2019-May/036137.html

which is pretty much the same pattern of argument.

Can we at the very least agree that each party is allowed to use the
same *pattern* of reasoning in this discussion, no matter on how
much merit we see in the individual argument?

> Sorry, plonking you.

Andre'