[Development] Proposing CMake as build tool for Qt 6

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 17 18:25:03 CEST 2019

17.06.2019, 19:08, "Bogdan Vatra" <bogdan.vatra at kdab.com>:
> [...]
>>  >
>>  > [...]
>>  >
>>  > Are you seriously thinking that Qt is going to use scripts from some
>>  > random
>>  > github projects ?!?!?
>>
>>  There is a choice: with cmake you either spend hours yourself developing
>>  stuff, or reuse results of those who went through that hell before you :)
>
> Or use a buildsystem that doesn't take to the hell?

For that matter, qmake isn't much better when you need to do something that
it doesn't support out of the box. While cmake is like a sledge hammer, and
if you can't achieve something gracefully you can use its sheer brute force,
qmake is more like a magic book which often requires a help of more
experienced wizard in order to use it.

--
Regards,
Konstantin