[Development] Assistant WebKit/WebEngine support

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jun 27 21:02:54 CEST 2019

On Thursday, 27 June 2019 01:07:45 PDT Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
> Just to make sure I just installed Qt 5.13 for MinGW 7.3 on my Windows
> VM - WebEngine is nowhere to be seen. (Sorry, I don't have enough
> capacity to check whether I might be able to compile it myself using clang.)

You don't need Qt Creator and Qt Web Engine compiled with the same compiler
that you use for your own application. Since there's at least one compiler
supporting Qt Web Engine on Window, we should conclude that Windows is
supported.

But:

> Please also keep in mind that a fair number of developers use the same
> tool-chain (qdoc, assistant, QtHelp) to generate their own documentation
> - this means that assistant gets redistributed.

Ah, but this is an issue: assistant. See the thread about co-installability of
Qt 5 and Qt 6: is assistant as a standalone application still required? You're
saying it is.