[Development] CMake branch

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Thu Mar 21 15:52:33 CET 2019

From: Development <development-bounces at qt-project.org> on behalf of Mikhail Svetkin <Mikhail.Svetkin at qt.io>

>The disadvantages are:
> - Any changes should be passed by CI

I find it hard to believe that this improves the quality of Qt 5.14 or 5.15. Effectively you are proposing that we don't have any blocking CI for those two Qt releases. Otherwise you would have to implement very intrinsic rules when to block and when not to block. Even seemingly innocent/unrelated doc changes have been known to break Qt builds.

Hence a big disadvantage is the risk of Qt 5.14/5.15 releases without CI.

If you want to do this use the wip/qt6 branch. People will want to work their eventually anyway but at least it's their decision when they get exposed. If you want to help, you don't need it to be in dev.

--
Alex