[Development] CMake branch

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Thu Mar 21 19:10:40 CET 2019

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 03:06:18PM +0000, Mikhail Svetkin wrote:
> > I find it hard to believe that this improves the quality of Qt 5.14 or 5.15.
> > Effectively you are proposing that we don't have any blocking CI for those two
> > Qt releases. Otherwise you would have to implement very intrinsic rules when
> > to block and when not to block. Even seemingly innocent/unrelated doc changes
> > have been known to break Qt builds.
>
> I think maybe it is some kind of misunderstanding here.  The CI will be enable.
> It will not test CMake.

> Even CMake won't be tested it will still need to go through the CI.

There's probably indeed a misunderstanding here, so please clarify:

I assume that currently changes to the cmake wip branch go into the repo
directly, i.e.  with a delay in the range of seconds. Is that correct?

I read the proposal so that after the proposed change it will just be
staged together with all the other change to Qt base and will be subject
to the normal restaging cycles as other qtbase changes, i.e. with a delay
in the range of hours and days.  Is that interpretation correct?

Andre'