[Development] QT_XCB_NATIVE_PAINTING makes worse that without of it

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Sun Mar 24 14:08:08 CET 2019

On 3/24/19 1:21 PM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

> As for the code you showed, that is so 90s. Please enable anti-aliasing, and
> try again. Or do any kind of advanced pattern or line endings and joins.

Again: we are talking here about something like an oscilloscope, where
we have to draw a polyline as fast as possible.

Do you really expect "anti-aliasing, advanced pattern or line endings
and joins" anyhow relevant, when a curve of many points has to be
rendered several times a second.

But o.k. let's enable antialiasing:

now the performance is so horrible, that I had to reduce the number of
points from 100000 to 1000:

- Raster 10561
- X11 1566

( Note that 1000 points with antialiasing take longer than 100000 without )

How is this helpful for your statement about "Software Rendering being
faster" and why do we have to talk about antialiasing, when it ends up
in a total performance disaster for both backends ?

Come on this is a technical discussion - not about winning. I have no
problem with being corrected, but you have to come up with some relevant
facts.

Uwe