[Development] QT_XCB_NATIVE_PAINTING makes worse that without of it

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Mar 24 14:53:25 CET 2019

On Sonntag, 24. März 2019 14:08:08 CET Uwe Rathmann wrote:
> Come on this is a technical discussion - not about winning. I have no
> problem with being corrected, but you have to come up with some relevant
> facts.

This is not a competition, what would a win be? I don't even hold a side, as I
said the native engine is better for some things, but they tend to be
specific, and I also advocate for the OpenGL engine. I am just trying to
explain why it isn't default and why switching to using the native engine
isn't an automatic win.  It is good for some things, and if you don't get a
benefit right away you can try minor changes to your code to get a better
results, but you can't be guaranteed a speed improvement. It is not the
default for a reason.

'Allan