[Development] Requesting a repository for Alexa integration

Frederik Gladhorn Frederik.Gladhorn at qt.io
Wed May 8 16:41:20 CEST 2019

Hi Vladimir,

It's great to hear that you've been looking into integrating Alexa and other
assistants as well, we have a few thoughts around this in The Qt Company and
have been drawing how a rough abstraction for several assistants could look
like. Sadly it's not easy to hook deeply into e.g. Alexa, but what you've done
sounds very interesting. A later extension could also be to use QtMultiMedia
with the Alexa SDK.

Moving/renaming repositories is generally a not very fun exercise, so we've
been aiming to just use the final name, independent of the state.
I'd suggest "qt/qtvoiceassistant", does that sound OK?

Cheers,
Frederik