[Development] Qt XML and Qt Xml Patterns

Sérgio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Tue May 21 19:03:17 CEST 2019

On 2019-05-21 15:58, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 00:15:04 PDT Bernhard Lindner wrote:
>> Unlucky me. Deprecation of these two components literally broke every
>> application I have ever written using Qt. I hope they will have new
>> maintainers some day.
>
> Note I said QtXml is deprecated, but it might actually be in Done
> state. I
> don't remember. Does anyone? Where's our authoritative source?

Yes, they were done, not deprecated. See
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Modules_Maturity_Level

I don't think the "Done" nomenclature stuck though. In half the cases it
just meant unmaintained rather than actually done.

That page should probably be archived, as it's not much of an authority
anymore.

Some random incorrect statements:

"
QtSVG (Deprecated)
Reasoning: SVG Full (as opposed to SVG Tiny) functionality available in
Qt WebKit, which should be used instead;

Qt Designer (Done)
Reasoning: Qt Quick is recommended for developing UIs from now on, so
the new Qt Quick Designer should take over the capabilities of the
classic Qt Designer.
"

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtmodules.html seems to more accurate nowadays

Regards,
--
Sérgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)