[Development] Qt XML and Qt Xml Patterns

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Tue May 21 20:35:27 CEST 2019

> Qt modules and features can be in one of 5 states:
>
> - Active Development
>  Receiving new features, changing quickly, bugs fixed
> - Maintained
>  Receives occasional features, changes slowly, bugs fixed
> - Done
>  No new features, changes very slowly, P2 bugs and up fixed only
> - Deprecated
>  No new features, almost no changes, P1 and security fixes only,
>  new code should not use it, old code should begin porting away
> - Removed
>  Self-explanatory and not coming back

Very helpful! Thanks a lot!

This is exactly what should have been written at that Wikipage.

Maybe the documentation would be an even better place. People would
get a component status update with each Qt update: Component status
table plus the above description how to interpret the status.
I mean, that is really important. Why not placing it in the
documentation instead of ambiguous sentences like the one I cited?

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner