[Development] QList for Qt 6

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed May 22 20:00:46 CEST 2019

Il 22/05/19 19:29, NIkolai Marchenko ha scritto:
> I do not see how this addresses the issue. You are pushing the decision
> to use the compile switch or not on the same userbase who couldn't be
> bothered to port away from qlist in the first place.
> You are essenitally asking: "Are you sure you aren't using qlist in
> specific ways?"
> And the likely answer in the end will be "Eh, oooops ... hehehe"
>
> People will use the "faster" non compatible compilation switch and
> *will* break their code. It won't be Qt's fault but it *will* be
> perceived as such.

This is highly debatable. Sure, there's lots of cargo cult mentality in
the software industry, and this could be used to shift the blame on Qt.
On the other hand there's only so much we can do in terms of warning
users about the consequences of flipping the switch in their _pre
existing_ code base.

(Switch that I'd like to keep in the QList=QArrayList by default.)

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts