[Development] Gerrit is back

Frederik Gladhorn Frederik.Gladhorn at qt.io
Tue May 28 14:47:05 CEST 2019

On lørdag 25. mai 2019 18:11:59 CEST Richard Weickelt wrote:
> > There are more tweaks that would be nice to apply to the UI to make it
> > better. Does the new version make this any easier? What's your advice for
> > people who'd like to contribute UI tweaks? What's the best way to
> > proceed? (in the sense of empowering potential contributors instead of
> > asking you to do all the changes)
>
> This is a very very positive way of saying that the new UI is:
> - less structured
> - less intuitive
>
> The update contains indeed nice new features, but as an occasional
> contributor I feel less productive because I need to learn where to click
> every other day. The old gerrit was certainly ugly, but it felt much more
> tidy.
>
> I would be very happy if someone with UI experience could clean up the
> stylesheet. :)

Please contribute upstream :) I'm sure they would also be happy about improved
design.

We will simply follow upstream as much as possible, since lagging behind is
not very sensible and forking doesn't help us either.

I was also a bit puzzled with the new UI at first, but after a few days I feel
just as effective as in the old one. And the new UI works on mobile etc, which
is also nice.

Cheers,
Frederik