[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 30 23:17:04 CEST 2019

On Thursday, 30 May 2019 11:43:54 PDT Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> Does it mean that moc will be reimplemented to avoid using Qt classes?

No, but moc should be the only bootstrapped tool. My point is that we should
do away with the bootstrap library.

All other tools should like to QtCore. That means:

1) rcc should not be used in QtCore (easy to fix, can do in Qt 5 even)

2) all other tools in non-cross builds link to QtCore, as they do now

3) all tools in cross builds link to a host QtCore that must be preinstalled
Preferably, reuse the tools from that host build instead of building again