[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Fri May 31 11:22:03 CEST 2019

Hi Thiago,

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 8:18 PM Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 May 2019 06:33:23 PDT Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development
> wrote:
> > 2) should QRegExp stay in bootstrap? I have no idea of what's happening
> > regarding to that in Qt 6.
>
> Bootstrap needs to go away in Qt 6.

While the bootstrap libraries play a much reduced role in the cmake
branch, the bootstrap code is still needed: moc, rcc, qfloat16-tables
and tracegen link against it right now. I would love to see somebody
rewrite these tools in plain C++. It should not be that hard to do
so:-)

Qmake for the time being also links against a special build of QtCore,
but that is a separate issue. It needs some extra APIs on top of what
a normal Qt provides. So even with cmake we are currently building
parts of Qtbase 3 times:-/

Best Regards,
Tobias