[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Fri May 31 11:35:27 CEST 2019

On Fri, 2019-05-31 at 01:37 +0300, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> > I understand, but aside from qmake, I don't know of any build system that
> > allows for building both host and target in the same build. That means
> > whatever we use in Qt 6, we'll a separate build for host tools when cross-
> > compiling.

Lars asked to have the tools and the library builds separate from each other in
Qt 6. This is to reduce the load on the build machines: Currently we build lots
of different tools for the same host architecture -- one for each cross-compile
we do.

So this host/target combined build is on the way out for Qt 6 (independent of
build system used:-).

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der