[Development] QTCS2019 Notes from QtQml session

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Nov 26 22:58:50 CET 2019

Il 21/11/19 09:17, Ulf Hermann ha scritto:
> Typed Model Data
> ----------------
>
> We brainstormed a bit about how a model could declare its items' data
> type in QML, so that we could statically check model against delegate
> types. We will need this when compiling QML 3 to C++. We didn't come up
> with anything really great, though. This needs more work.

Just something specifically related to models and delegates: having a

   required property var model

on the delegate, then using model.foo (just like today), is supposed to
be a fully supported measure throughout QML2/3 or just a
deprecated-on-birth porting solution towards explicit required
properties on the delegate?

Thanks,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts