[Development] Proposal: Eliminate soft branching phase from release process

Kari Oikarinen kari.oikarinen at qt.io
Wed Nov 27 16:26:38 CET 2019

https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/2014-February/001618.html
 > (that's essentially what you want to go back to).
 > as you can see from the dates, it took us a single feature release to
 > conclude that another change was necessary.

Thanks a lot for digging these up.

I'll withdraw this proposal. Firstly, because I learned the motivation
for the current approach better during the course of this thread and
thus no longer want to push for the change. And secondly, because a
new branching model discussion is ongoing and the currently most
probable resolution of that will make the whole downmerging step
disappear anyway.

--
Kari