[Development] The age-old T* foo vs. T *foo

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Oct 18 01:38:46 CEST 2019

> > And it's not "just our style".
>
> LLVM uses the same style for stars and ampersands. Who else?

That's another reason I prefer T *v; because you never see T& v, it's always T &v;

QRect(const QPoint &topLeft, const QSize &size)
QRect(const QPoint &topLeft, const QPoint &bottomRight)
bool	contains(const QPoint &point, bool proper = false) const
bool	contains(const QRect &rectangle, bool proper = false) const
void	getCoords(int *x1, int *y1, int *x2, int *y2) const
void	getRect(int *x, int *y, int *width, int *height) const
int	height() const

is const Point& topLeft a thing? I like the indirection modifier next to the variable.

But if you change * you should change &.

How many code parsers would this change (i.e. QtCreator or QDoc?) (if any)?