[Development] Issues with QFormBuilder - All properties modified & Invalid UI

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Oct 29 12:13:54 CET 2019

On 29/10/2019 11:32, Jaroslaw Kobus wrote:
> Take any of QWidget's properties, e.g. sizePolicy, grep through qt sources
> and search where setSizePolicy is used - QAbstractSlider::setOrientation(),
> so "orientation" property of abstract slider influences "sizePolicy" - non-orthogonality detected.
> If you store both properties, and then read them - the result depend on the read order.

Sorry, I'm lost now. If you store them both and apply them in either
order, shouldn't the result be correct no matter what?

==

If this is not true for some case: we have an API problem, and we can
debate whether it's in the class featuring interlinked properties, or in
the meta property system that is not clearly reflecting the
dependencies, thus making a (de)serializer of such properties impossible
to write correctly. And the latter has way more profound implications
than just serializing the state of a QObject (e.g. thinking of IPC like
DBus, QtRO, etc.).

Thanks,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts