[Development] Question about tests/manual folders

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Fri Sep 20 10:04:51 CEST 2019

In qtquickcontrols2:

- buttons - similar to testbench but specifically for buttons.
- fonts - shows how changing font sizes affects controls.
- gifs - simulates events on controls and records them (on Linux) as GIFs for use in documentation.
- screenshots - allows loading code snippets from the doc directory to take screenshots of them for use in documentation.
- styles - used for the screenshots of each style on this page: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquickcontrols2-styles.html
- systemtrayicon - tests that system tray icons work.
- testbench - quickly checking that all controls in various states look and function as expected. I used it quite a lot when working on the Imagine style, for example.
- viewinqwidget - tests controls with QQuickWidget.

I haven't used the fonts, systemtrayicon and viewinqwidget tests before, or don't use them very often, but can see how they'd be useful. The gifs, screenshots and styles tests are used whenever doc images need to be added or updated. The buttons and especially testbench tests I have used before and will use again.