[Development] Question about tests/manual folders

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Fri Sep 20 11:26:34 CEST 2019

Asmo Saarela (20 September 2019 08:30)
> I would like to understand the content and the use of the manual test assets in the Qt modules.
> Could you provide a few examples of how you are using, maintaining, and developing those?

The qtbase/tests/manual/corelib/ tests all date back to 2013 (aside from
some copyright header updates).  They look suspiciously like they could
be automated - I haven't studied them closely (or tried running them)
but they look like crash-tests.  I can't think of any reason why any
container in corelib/tools/ (which is what they all test) would need a
manual test.

Perhaps their author, Thorbjørn Martsum, is still about and can comment;
or someone else might know these tests better.

	Eddy.