[Development] Updated high-DPI support for Qt 5.14

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 08:00:50 CEST 2019

Den tors 26 sep. 2019 kl 04:51 skrev Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com>:

> On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 11:08:39 PDT Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> > Large parts of the world did not grow up with inches. I know I'd have
> > a hard time to hold up my fingers to show an inch...
>
> For most people, "DPI" is an arbitrary number ranging from 72 to 288...

Yep, although I'd revise that to "for most people, DPI means nothing,
but for some people it's an arbitrary number ranging from 72 to

I just wanted to argue that working in terms of a percentage of the
current size is more intuitive to most people, compared to working in
some arbitrary DPI number they may or may not have heard about.

Elvis