[Development] [Releasing] HEADS-UP: Qt 5.15 Feature Freeze is in effect now

Alexander Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 18:02:14 CET 2020

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 7:29 PM Alexander Akulich
<akulichalexander at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 1:11 PM Ville Voutilainen
> <ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Isn't that an ABI break?
>
> Yep; this is what we're doing here (we're deprecating and sorting out
> the API to break the ABI in Qt 6).

(I thought that it is obvious, but it seems to be not the case, so:)
I mean that we want to prepare and improve the API for Qt 6, so we
need to add some signals and mark some others as deprecated. This is a
well-known procedure and it is not an ABI breakage for a regular (e.g.
not "no-deprecated") build. What I'm proposing to do is basically to
apply for QAbstractSocket the same API changes as done in [1] for
QProcess.

[1] https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/commit/?id=4672e319e6dd0fbaa986e056e52dbb06d78fcfa5