[Development] Code Review Process

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Jan 14 11:24:33 CET 2020

Dmitriy Purgin (14 January 2020 10:10) wrote:
> I'm afraid I did something incorrectly when submitting my first
> contribution to the Qt project and I would love to get a feedback if I
> did it wrong.
[snip]
> Is there something I've missed? Should I have created a ticket in Jira
> first? Or should I have targeted the 5.15 branch?

Sounds like you followed the process perfectly.

The one addition I would suggest is to do a git log on the affected
files, to see who might know more about them.  Unfortunately the
overwhelming majority of changes there are routine tidy-ups being done
across many files, that just happen to include these.  I did find one
contributor who'd done substantive work specific to this code, so I've
added him as a reviewer.

> I know that reviewers have a lot of other things to do and I don't
> want to put pressure or something, I'm just wondering how long the
> review process normally takes, and should I be already worried or not.

Nothing to worry about.  We're all a bit busy, what with Qt 6 being this
year, so review may take a while.  Patience (and sporadic pings on the
review) should suffice.

> [1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/285825

Good luck and thank you for your contribution,

	Eddy.