[Development] Moving math3d classes from GUI to CORE

Laszlo Agocs laszlo.agocs at qt.io
Fri Jan 24 11:17:26 CET 2020

> So it looks like there is a need to have something like Eigen in Qt, at least for Qt 3D purposes (faster, better optimized classes, more complete API).

Not sure how that conclusion was drawn. More like the opposite. People who need something like Eigen can just use Eigen. There is no need to reinvent a half-baked alternative in QtCore. Whereas from Graphics (Quick, Quick3D, Qt3D) perspective this part of the discussion is irrelevant as the needs there are different, and those needs are better served by the existing gui/math3d, or, when it comes to 3rd party packages, glm (but definitely not Eigen).

Best regards,
Laszlo