[Development] Moving math3d classes from GUI to CORE

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 11:38:02 CET 2020

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 12:17 PM Laszlo Agocs <laszlo.agocs at qt.io> wrote:

> > So it looks like there is a need to have something like Eigen in Qt, at
> least for Qt 3D purposes (faster, better optimized classes, more complete
> API).
>
> Not sure how that conclusion was drawn.

Yeah, me neither. In my view the original problem was reinventing the wheel
on a day-to-day basis. So why would you want to step on that shovel yet
again?
I agree with Laszlo, given that eigen/blas or w/e isn't going in - "just
stick to what is available" seems like a very good advice. On that note
it's probably worth considering "backporting" Qt3D's QTransform and friends
into the gui module, as they're reported to be better optimized, but I
wouldn't go further than that.

Kind regards,
Konstantin.