[Development] Moving math3d classes from GUI to CORE

Jaroslaw Kobus Jaroslaw.Kobus at qt.io
Fri Jan 24 11:39:40 CET 2020

From: Laszlo Agocs <laszlo.agocs at qt.io>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 11:17 AM
To: Jaroslaw Kobus; KDAB Mike Krus; Konstantin Tokarev
Cc: Konstantin Shegunov; development at qt-project.org
Subject: RE: [Development] Moving math3d classes from GUI to CORE

>> So it looks like there is a need to have something like Eigen in Qt, at least for Qt 3D purposes (faster, better optimized classes, more complete API).

>Not sure how that conclusion was drawn.

This is a conclusion based on previous statements, that it would be good to focus the energy on improving performance (via SSE, NEON) in math3D, and the statement, that Eigen already has that. So the other conclusion is that currently we probably sacrifice some performance due to not using Eigen nor optimized classes in Qt 3D.

Jarek