[Development] How do you build dev/qt6?

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Sat Jan 25 15:26:48 CET 2020

Building HEAD for qtbase, qtdeclarative and qtremoteobjects is failing to compile.

At this point in time, I’m getting an error in building qtdeclarative:

/code/qt6/qtdeclarative/src/quick/scenegraph/util/qsgplaintexture.cpp:50:11: fatal error: 'QtGui/private/qopengltextureuploader_p.h' file not found

# include <QtGui/private/qopengltextureuploader_p.h>

/code/qt6/qtdeclarative/src/quick/scenegraph/util/qsgplaintexture.cpp:50:11: note: did not find header 'private/qopengltextureuploader_p.h' in framework 'QtGui' (loaded from '/code/qt6/qt/lib')

This looks to be related to https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74409, but it isn’t clear what branches or patches are needed to work around the issue.  And whatever the fixes are today, they will likely be different tomorrow.

I’m not complaining, I understand the complexity of building dependent modules against each other, especially binary compatibility is relaxed.  I’m just not sure how to make a change to QtRO and make sure it works with current dev of qtbase.  Is this documented somewhere I missed?

Thanks,
Brett